Saturday, December 11, 2010

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

General Silliness:
Mock-yeah!
Ing-yeah!
Jay-yeah!
Yeah-Yeah!
Mockingjay-Yeah!

Now that that's out of the way...I will try not to make any revealing comments here because I really do hope some of you read this trilogy of books.

General Comments:
1. I wish that at the end of this trilogy the author had gone more Pride and Prejudice and less Animal Farm in her personal relationships.
2. I still don't see how the final arrangement evolved into existence. I get that he was who Katniss should have been with. I just didn't see any redevelopment of what was lost. Yes, I know I can infer it, but I just don't see neediness in her character.
3. A la Harry Potter: I am tired of dead people producing children as if that will make up to readers for the loss of beloved characters. (Do you know who I'm talking about in both books?)
4. I liked the books and I'm not sure there was another way to end the story, but I don't feel triumphant or anything here after reading about 1100 pages.

Natalie: I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment