Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon

This is part 2 of (so far!) 8 books. This is one of those series, like Harry Potter, where you just wish it would go on and on.
I got in on Harry Potter at book 3. After that, I was hooked. I had to endure the years between books and I knew the exquisite impatience of waiting for another book to come out when I already knew I would have it read in a few days and would just have to wait again. That was OK, though, because the joy was worth the wait.
That's how I feel with this series...except I'm not having to wait. I'm just reading (listening, actually) and loving every minute of it knowing that when I'm done with this one, another awaits. That is, of course, until I get to book 8; then I'll have to wait with the rest of her fans! Oh, I can't wait to get there...or can I?
My friend Susan and I are reading them together and discussing them. We talk about the finer points of the books. I am enamored, however, with a less fine point. If you read this, pay attention to the references to hot water. I just love them!
Question: What is your favorite modern convenience?

No comments:

Post a Comment