Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Intrigue at Highbury (Or, Emma's Match) by Carrie Bebris

This is the fourth book in the Mr. & Mrs. Darcy Mystery series. I have read the other 3 and found them amusing, but I am going to stop this one at page 65 of 317. They have gotten increasingly far-fetched, and this one isn't even interesting to me. It goes against my nature to stop a book in the middle, but I am making the decision to return it to the NPL tomorrow. I have other books to read (namely, The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman) that have been nominated for the Volunteer State Book Awards. I've got to get back to books I'm enjoying; I read for pleasure now (and sometimes it is a pleasure to read for information, i.e. the NON-FICTION travel guide of Scotland I have sitting on the coffee table right now).

Don't worry, though, fellow Janeites! I can't wait to get my hands on Stephanie Barron's Jane and the Madness of Lord Byron: A Jane Austen Mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment