Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cloaked by Alex Flinn

I read Beastly by Alex Flinn last year for the VSBA Book Club. It was fine. I can say the same for Cloaked. I think Flinn is a bit teen-y for my tastes. I had a third book by her waiting in my car to listen to next, but I returned it to the SPL without ever listening to it.
When I read a book, I always find myself imagining that I am one of the characters and thinking about how I would act in the situations. I don't do that with Flinn. She doesn't suck me in.
There was one tale in the book, though, that got me thinking. It was about a man who wished for one thing, the wish was granted, but he kept wishing for more; he wished for too much. My mom has just been told that her cancer is back. I am going to keep wishing that it will be healed, but I am also going to remember to be thankful for the last three-and-a-half years we have had with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment