Tuesday, September 6, 2011

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

This is Book Two of The Mortal Instruments series.
I wasn't going to keep reading this series (even though I really enjoyed the first book) because I was sad Clary and Jace are...well, you'll know if you read it. Julie Bynum talked me into continuing, and I'm glad she did. I'm already on Book Three!
This series is about Shadowhunters (Nephilim...children of gods and men) who hunt Downworlders (Werewolves, Vampires, and Demons). Clary is adjusting to life as a Shadowhunter while Simon adjusts to life as a Downworlder.
My favorite quote has nothing really to do with the storyline, but it just spoke to me. It says: "A man doesn't have to agree with his government to be a patriot, does he? It takes a true patriot to dissent, to say he loves his country more than he cares for his own place in the social order" (261).

No comments:

Post a Comment