Monday, May 9, 2011

Death of a Chimney Sweep by M.C. Beaton



This is the latest Hamish Macbeth mystery; the English title is just Death of a Sweep. I enjoy this cozy series. These books are easy reads and rather enjoyable.



I usually listen to these on tape, but I'm listening to Gabaldon's The Fiery Cross right now, I read this one. When I read these, I am more aware that they are not really mysteries with the same connotations as usual (think Hercule Poirot). There is no great reveal of the murderer. Hamish usually knows who the murderer is throughout most of the story. The real story comes in when you try to figure out the motive behind the murder. (I also enjoy the Scottish element and reading the dialect!)



Once again, Beaton is a tried and true reading escape! I read this series and the Agatha Raisin series. You can find all of titles in these series at http://www.agatharaisin.com/?section=home.

No comments:

Post a Comment