Friday, February 18, 2011

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown


This book continues the story of Dr. Robert Langdon (The DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons). This thriller explores Freemasonry in Washington, D.C.
I enjoyed the interesting tidbits about nation's capital. The paintings and places referenced are always interesting in Brown's work.
Once again, it seems as if Brown cannot stay away from heresy. In fact, it seemed as if in the last few chapters of this book he tried very hard to add heresy on purpose. I suppose this might the result of his commercial success after the heresy of The DaVinci Code.
Yay Me: I figured out Mal'akh's secret as soon as the first clue was given.
Yay Me 2: A students came to the library last year looking for books on symbology after watching The DaVinci Code. We didn't have anything last year for him, but a book came in on the topic just last week. I took it to him and he was so excited. It made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment