Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Adventures of Huckelberry Finn by Mark Twain

Dad and I listened to this one in the car over about a 3-week period. I read this when I was a junior in high school. I didn't find it funny at all then. This time around, I laughed at how stupid Tom and Huck are all of the time. I "became" Dad and would talk aloud to them in my frustration at "freeing" Tom.
I liked listening to this book on tape. It definitely helped not having to decipher the Missouri dialogue. I particularly liked the reader's emphasis on the words elegant, style, and regular.
We will start listening to The Adventures of Tom Sawyer tomorrow. Technically, Tom Sawyer comes first, but Huck Finn is what the library had available when Dad decided he wanted to listen to some Twain.
Question: Have you reread anything from high school with different results (i.e. you like it now and you didn't then or vice versa)?

No comments:

Post a Comment